So… I may have forgotten to do a Messy Month for September! Oops! Oh well, we’re still in single digits for the month, so it’s fine… right? I think so.
SO HEY! We’ve already been super busy this month in the form of VACATION! Hubs and I didn’t really get a honeymoon and we’ve never been on a vacation otherwise (other than a trip to the beach a few hours away), so this was so exciting for us! We spent five days at Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida! It was all pretty awesome, but let’s be honest… I only went for The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Which was amazing, by the way. Duh. Kiddo and I had matching socks for the days we were there because we’re adorable.
Vacay Recap in 3…2…1… GO!
- Got to Florida at midnight because I’m an idiot and didn’t pay attention to the time of the flights and we had a fun filled day with a GRUMPY 4 year old. YAY!
- First day at Universal Studios
- Breakfast at the hotel restaurant
- Lunch at Leaky Cauldron
- Dinner at Pat O’Brien’s.
- Rode a billion rides.
- Jimmy Fallon’s Race Through New York City (Kiddo’s Favorite)
- Minion Ride
- Whatever the name of the Harry Potter ones were
- … I’ve already forgotten all the rides. GREAT.
- Did the Hogsmead /Hogwarts side of HP.
- Swam at hotel
- Second day at Universal Studios
- Breakfast at Three Broomsticks
- Lunch at Moe’s Southwest Grill
- Dinner at Toothsome Chocolate Factory (OMG!!! THIS PLACE!!!)
- Re-rode all the rides we loved from day one.
- Did Diagon Alley side of HP (my favorite side)
- Almost died of exhaustion, no big deal
- Third day at Universal
- Spent two hours at park and gave up because feet were on fire.
- Ate lunch at Epic McDonald’s in Orlando. It was ridiculous.
- Went to hotel and took a 3 hour nap.
- Medieval Times! (One of my dreams come true!!!)
- Got to airport at 3am on Friday morning for a 6am flight because of the chaos of people evacuating for Hurricane Irma. Not as much of a nightmare at the airport as we expected, yay!
- Got home safely, took another extremely long nap.
It was fantastic! I also read two books while on our trip:
I’d recommend both, however I was able to guess the big twist on both. But that’s totally okay with me because I enjoyed them regardless!
And these are the books that are up next:
Has anyone read these?
Also, Kiddo got to skip the first week of his preschool to go on vacation, so he finally FINALLY starts school this Monday and I. Am. Thrilled. THRIIIIILLLLEED. He’s pretty thrilled too, let’s be honest, we’re both sick of each other it seems. This will be his first time going five days a week though and I’m a little nervous. Not because I think I’ll be sitting around all day crying because I miss him, but because we’ve had behavioral issues at school before and so I’m nervous to see what five days a week does. I bet it’ll be good though.
We also finally have an appointment with a behavioral specialist for him at the end of the month. I have been waiting so long and anxiously for this. Pray all goes well and we finally get some much needed answers and help!
Hmmm… what else? Oh! My friend Katie comes to visit for two weeks and we’re going to see Hanson in concert and don’t you for one minute judge us, thanks. I’m way too excited about it!! haha. … But also like…what does one wear to a Hanson concert? Anyone know?
Now on to the bigger, most important question… which candy should I eat next?
Fizzing Wizzbees (omg my favorite), Chocolate Frog, Love Potion, or Every Flavor Beans… which I bought more to torture my child with. #parentoftheyear
Have a great September, y’all! Tell me if you have anything exciting going on.
*eats all the candy despite just asking your opinion*
like/share/comment/subscribe/send me more candy